Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave comments or contact me with any criticism or questions you have. This blog was created with the hopes of entertaining as well as for my own improvement. Once again, thank you and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Rider

Watch me mount 
This black haired beast. 
Watch me yank at the reigns
And calm the ground below us to peace.

Watch her feathered tail
As it decorates the dusty soil
With black ink prints
Where the bland page was once blank.

I kick the spurs
She springs forward from her idle state. 
We are painting masterpieces now
Now that I have remembered the path to take.

Together we look back on the unsettled trail
Upon the progress we have made.
But our story isn't finished yet
There are still things that must be said.

So we carry on and let the sun be our guide
Lest we waste too much day in thought and be found lost at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment